Originally founded in the 1930’s as an adoption agency, Catholic Charities of Oswego County has evolved into a midsize human service agency providing many valuable programs and services to children, families and individuals. These wide ranging programs touch the lives of thousands of people in communities throughout Oswego County.
What is known as Catholic Charities in the Diocese of Syracuse began in 1923. Bishop Daniel Curly was the third Bishop of the Syracuse Diocese and under this direction. Catholic Charities formally began. Catholic Charities was incorporated two years later to carry on the corporal works of mercy in Central New York. The mission of Catholic Charities has not changed a great deal since 1923, many of its activities and policies have developed in a manner that has helped to more effectively minister and respond to the problems of the day. The 20’s and 30’s saw the growth of offices in Syracuse, Utica, Binghamton and Oswego with core services placing a great emphasis on adoptions, counseling and emergency assistance. As time went on, Catholic Charities grew in the Diocese so that it is presently felt throughout the Diocese by six area offices covering Broome, Chenango, Cortland, Onondaga, Oneida-Madison and Oswego Counties.
Located at 808 W. Broadway in Fulton, New York, Catholic Charities of Oswego County serves all people in need throughout Oswego County regardless of their religious affiliation.
Please browse through our website to learn more about our programs and services.
Mary-Margaret Pezzella-Pekow Executive Director