The Parent Education Program (PE) is a voluntary program that provides in-home parenting education and skill building for families that are at risk of losing their children to foster care or are attempting to reunite with their children again.
- Referrals for this program come from DSS and Liberty Resources
- Referrals must have an open Preventive Services case.
- The assigned Parent Educator will offer services at a minimum of 1 hour per week and a max of 8 hours per week. The need is determined through client assessments and case worker goals.
- Length of time in program varies by need.
- Circle of Security
- Life Skills Mentor assigned if referred by Parent Educator and deemed appropriate
Ultimate Goal: Provide parents with the tools and education they need to enhance their parenting skills and improve overall family interactions.
Improving parents and families knowledge in the following areas:
- Family interactions and safety
- Family health and child well-being
- Environment safety
- Parental capabilities
- Social and community life networking
Any questions regarding the Parent Education Program can be directed to:
Brittany Dinelli – Program Supervisor – 315-598-3980 ext. 266 email@example.com