Home and Community Based Services
Program serves adults with a chronic mental illness. The program is run by Catholic Charities of Oswego County. The focus of the program is on wellness and recovery from mental illness. Staff assists clients in gaining independent living skills through education and instruction. Providing a supportive and educational environment for clients to thrive and gain the necessary skills to achieve a greater healthy independence within the community.
- Supports participants in their recovery
- Increase Self-esteem
- Combat the stigma of mental illness
- Maintain Independence
- Life skills
- Promotes wellness
- Increase group affiliation
- Learn new skills which will transfer to a new work environment
- Gain real work experience to build confidence
- Establish a positive work record with documentation
- Gains supports during the transition from the program to a community based work experience.
- Attend an appointment with a client (Doctor, DSS, Service Provider, etc.)
- Meet with a client in their home or the community
- Assist clients to understand and set up transportation options
- Assist clients to seek and obtain benefits and entitlements, food, shelter, housing, etc.
- Assist clients to fill out and understand forms and applications
- Assist clients to find and establish supports and connecting with self-help groups in the community
- Assist clients to develop a crisis diversion or relapse prevention plan